With our Thermal Imaging & Infrared equipment at work for you, there is nothing that will go unnoticed. From hidden roof leaks to termites, we’ll find it if it’s there. Staying current with the latest technology is just one of the things we do, to help us, service YOU.
WHAT YOU SEE WHAT WE SEE
To the natural eye, it looks normal Dark Blue, reveals water leak
What is Thermal Image Scanning? Thermal imaging uses infrared technology to detect very small differences in temperature. Every material has a unique thermal signature and when moisture, heat, cold, or wood destroying insects are introduced into the structure the thermal signature changes. The changes can be subtle or dramatic but with this incredible thermal image scanning technology the thermal signatures are detectable where they wouldn’t be able to be seen with the naked eye.
What Thermal Imaging is NOT. It’s not a Moisture Meter or X-Ray Vision or Super Tool or a Risk Eliminateor. It cannot detect moisture because the best it can do is detect thermal differences. The infrared imaging camera can identify suspect areas that require further investigation.
As new technologies are developed, they become available in areas of use far from what they were originally developed for. Thermal Imaging is one such technology. Originally developed for the military for finding enemy soldiers at night, it progressed to medical imaging, industrial testing and, finally, to the construction trades and building consultation.
A Home Inspector, equipped with a thermal imaging camera and properly trained in its use, can find suspect areas with a house that normal home inspectors cannot. These areas include:
- Water intrusion through the houses exterior covering, whether the house has brick, stucco or siding.
- Plumbing leaks inside the house, including leaking pipes, improperly seated toilets, leaky shower pans and bathtubs and water pipe condensation.
- Improperly insulated HVAC ducting that can cause condensation dripping in attics and crawlspaces.
- Improperly installed or insufficient insulation in ceilings and walls.
- Leaking roofs, skylights, roof vent piping and roof vents.
- Pest investation or insulation issues caused by such.
WHY IS INFRARED THERMAL IMAGING SO VITAL TO YOUR HOME INSPECTION?
© 2011-2018 1st Response Home Inspections, LLC .